Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Latest update

So mom and dad came to help Keith out with the kids while I went to state. I felt so bad because my cat brought fleas in the house and I had to leave town and leave my parents, Keith, and the kids with a flea infestation! I put Advantage 2 on her every month, but the fleas are getting immune! Anyway, when I got home, we flea bombed the house and washed all the bedding, pillows, stuffed animals... Major pain, and we are still seeing those stupid things, so we have to do it again this weekend! Such fun!

Also when I got back from state, Keith said, guess what... our second AC unit just went out. We had our upstairs unit go out several months ago  when we had the termite infestation. Now the downstairs unit went out, ouch!!! Oh, and the dishwasher door broke. Well, at least we have a dishwasher and an AC to break. There are many people in the world that don't have those luxuries! See how I turned that into a positive???

I had my 1st board meeting with Children's First this week. I got lost, as usual, and then when I finally found the place, I couldn't find parking. I was a deodorant commercial. So I walk in 30 minutes late to my first meeting and everyone was in dresses, pearls, heels, all professional... I'm in shorts. Yep, I like to make a good impression, lol. They were all actually very nice to me (my face,  that is), probably thinking, bless her heart or what the heck were we thinking??? 

I also started back teaching tennis lessons at TFL. Unfortunately, due to the low sign up rate, I'm not getting the hours that I wanted. I'm sure it's due to the August heat! I'm sure as the weather gets cooler, it will pick up! 

No comments: