Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Lane Creek courts need lights!



8 of us were playing mixed doubles the other night and it got dark, so we had to turn our car lights on to see the ball. I'm the chairperson for the tennis courts in my neighborhood. So far, I've persuaded the board to resurface the courts and get a maintenance crew to keep the trees trimmed around the courts and keep them clean, but still haven't gotten approval for lights. I think I may have finally gotten the boards attention with this picture. 

It's crazy because this subdivision keeps expanding and now has 4 phases and still only has 1 pool, not much bigger than a pool in someones back yard, and only 2 courts. I told the board we have lots of HOA dues coming in now and only 2 small amenities to maintain. The golf course is privately owned so our dues don't go toward that! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I sent this picture and have been texting with Flynn (President of HOA) this week. A few weeks ago, Flynn's wife asked me to give swim lessons to their granddaughter while she was in town, but I had already stopped teaching lessons. I made an exception for them and gave her several lessons. One favor deserves another, isn't that how politics works??? JK, it really never crossed my mind when I did it:)))

No comments: